Community Housing Partnership acquired the Iroquois in 1995 and redeveloped the building in partnership with Salazar Architects. This was Community Housing Partnership’s fourth permanent supportive housing property. The building serves extremely low income, chronically homeless individuals and families. The building opened its doors to tenants in 1996.
The Iroquois is a five story building built in 1913 and rehabilitated by Community Housing Partnership in 1996. The building is home to 11 families and 63 individuals, with a total of 74 units. The Iroquois features a support services space and a large, open community room, and roof deck and garden where tenants grow various decorative plants and host events. Prior to becoming a supportive housing site, the Iroquois was one of the last residential hotels that served merchant marines.
2003 MetLife Foundation Awards for Excellence in Affordable Housing, 2nd Place